''Beautiful writing & images''
David Lintern is a hiker, biker, scrambler, paddler and storyteller with a focus on the environment, people and place. He's gone from getting stuck in quicksand in a farmer's field in Wrexham as a youngster, nightly wanders around an abandoned brick-works in Croydon as a teenager, to getting lost in many of the pointy bits of the UK and Europe as an adult. He picked up the rudiments of photography from his step-father and learnt how to sleep outside as a boy scout. He lives in the Cairngorm National Park with his young family and splits his time between the personal, editorial & commissioned work you find here, & editing an outdoor magazine.
For commission and photography talks, please contact me.
- Editor, Outdoor Enthusiast
- Monthly Walk Highlands Column
- Features for The Great Outdoors, Sidetracked, Summit & others - see tearsheets and features
- Shortlist, National Adventure Awards - best team 2015
- Highly commended, Landscape category, Scottish Landscape Photographer of the year 2015
- Winner, OWPG Award for Excellence - technical feature 2015
- Shortlist, SHAFF single shot award 2015
- Winner, IUCN photography competition - Changing World 2014
- Shortlist, Scottish Nature Photography Awards - Environment 2013
- Winner, Edinburgh Mountain Festival Photography Award 2012
- Stock photography at Alamy and Shutterstock
- Member of OWPG
Please note the copyright for images & text displayed on this and other websites are held by David Lintern & all rights are reserved. Use of words or photographs in web, electronic or print publication requires prior permission.
''A complete source of inspiration for all people who love nature''